Dr. Ginette Cheung
Clinical Psychologist, Chartered Psychologist, Certified Psychological Counsellor
Dr. Ginette Cheung experiences in helping individuals with emotional or psychological issues to regain their confidence, release their stress and alleviate their negative emotions through psychotherapies and group counselling services. She mainly uses Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP), Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Hypnotherapy & Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). In addition, she is capable of adding the element of art into her treatment, as part of her efforts to maximize the healing effect.
Ginette has devoted her energy and time in promoting mental health and emotional support to general public. She also spends part of her time to provide service to NGOs. She was one of the psychologists of Hong Kong Breast Cancer Foundation, offered psychological counselling to the patients with breast cancer and their families. In addition, she was a counsellor in Joyful (Mental Health) Foundation. She has rich experience of treating different population, and various mental health issues, which including depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and grief & loss; as well as experiences in assisting cancer patients and families to enhance their mental health.
She was one of the speakers of the “Love to Move School Project” (which is co-organized by Joyful (Mental Health) Foundation and Hong Kong Jockey Club). Also, served as a representative of the “Little Prince is Depressed” program co-organised by the Centre for Suicide Research and Prevention of the Hong Kong Jockey Club & the University of Hong Kong. She visited a number of schools across Hong Kong to infuse a host of mental health concepts, including stress, depression and emotional management, into the students, parents and teachers. Through the parents’ workshop of The Hong Kong Institute of Education, Ginette offered relevant concept on the children development and communication skills with children, in order to enhance the parent-child relationship.
Aim to share her knowledge to the field, Ginette has joined the Jockey Club Family Emotional Resilience Project in 2020-2022, this was organized by The University of Hong Kong. In this project, she provided clinical training and supervision to the social workers who have joined the project, in order to enhance their counselling skills level for helping their service users. Ginette was also a Visiting Lecturer of psychology and counselling courses for the degree and sub-degree students in various colleges including The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, HK Baptist University (School of Continuing Education) & The Hong Kong Community College etc.
- Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology), Alliant International University (CSPP)
- Master of Social Sciences in Counselling, The University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Upper Iowa University
- Professional Mediator Certificate, Methodist Centre & Queensland Government
- Certificate of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Chartered Psychologist, British Psychological Society
- Registered Clinical Psychologist, Hong Kong Association of Doctors in Clinical Psychology
- Certified Counsellor, Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association
- Certified Hypnotherapist, International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association (US)
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Professional, American Counselling Association
- Member & Registered EMDR Therapist, The EMDR Association of Hong Kong